Monday, July 13, 2009

Please!

Well fashion school at DAAP is def. still a dream. Only 38% of people who apply get in. I GOT IN. But it is so expensive plus you have to buy a Mac Book Pro and tons of software. And many many art supplies for the studio classes. The loans I recieved only covered $16,000 and I need a minimum of $27,000. HA! You cannot possibly have a full time job while doing DAAP because it's so intense and so much outside work. UG. And a part time job... yea that would cover $11,000 that I'm short... I applied for the METRO rate since I live in a county in KY that is close to UC. But the BA that I am aiming for is not listed... only certain BA from DAAP are listed. So will I get the metro rate??? Let's cross our fingers. Once I know this I can nip my dream in the bud or finally feel like I have some direction in my life. I will be truly crushed if I cannot make this happen. I need this... I needsomething to go right for once!!

On happier notes....
I went to target today to spend the last on my credit card and take advantage of some good coupons and my %10 off my entire purchase reward. I saved $47.00. My favorite purchase were these Skinny black jeans with Zippers on the ankles. Hell yeah!

A really great Etsier (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5342105) just bought some necklaces from my shop and was kind enough to compare me to this popular jewelry and accessories designer: http://www.tarinatarantino.com/
You can really get sucked in that website. Of course it has some of my favorite things like Abe Lincoln and Barbie :)

Another note that makes me happy:
ShopStyle is a great website where you can create a profile and create looks with different pieces from fashion designers. It's all dreams for me but SO FUN. I highly recommend the website. :)
here is my profile on there: add me!
http://www.shopstyle.com/users/TheBareTree

XOXO
Mel

1 comment:

  1. what software do you need? Jon can maybe download it for you. He's a pro pirate.
    and you know you can get a loan from mac? I bet you will qualify since your credit isn't shit yet... they give student discounts too.

    ReplyDelete